is very important for the candidates who aspires to crack the SSC CGL exam to have a general knowledge, knowledge about current affairs, and basic knowledge about the Indian Constitutions. There are many websites which provide the online test series for SSC cgl 2016 so that candidates can take the test series online to prepare for the exam.
The cgl test series includes the real examination like a test with the same duration and marking to help the students in practicing the exam to tackle the difficulties and manage the time. Many students have considered taking online test series for SSC cgl 2016 and have seen good results.
The Salient Features Of Indian Constitution:
The Indian Constitution has 12 Schedules and 395 Articles. It was framed by the Constituent Assembly which was established in 1946 for the purpose. The Indian Constitution is the lengthiest constitution in the world and no other constitution in the world contains as many articles. The constitution of USA has only 7 Articles, China has 138, Japanese has 103 and Canadian has 107 Articles.
India is a Sovereign, Secular, Socialist, Democratic and Republic State:
The Constitution declares India to be a Sovereign, Secular, Socialist, Democratic, Republic.
- The Sovereign means absolutely independent, which is not under the control of any state.
- Socialist involves the system which will endeavor to avoid the concentration of wealth in a few hands and it will assure its equitable in distribution. It also implies that the India is against exploitation in all forms and beliefs of economic justice to all its citizens.
- The Secular means that there is no state religion in India. Every citizen is free to follow any religion of his/her own choice. The state cannot discriminate among its citizens on basis of religion.
- The Democratic means that power of the government is entrusted in the hands of the people, people exercise the power through their elected representatives who are the responsible to them. All citizens enjoy the equal political rights.
- The Republic means that head of the state is not a hereditary monarch.
Federal Government: The Indian Constitution provides for the federal form of the government. Which means in a federation, there is two type of governments- one at the central level and one at the state level. The powers of government are divided between the central government and the state government.
Fundamental Rights & Fundamental Duties: The Fundamental Rights and The Fundamental Duties are the most important characteristics of Indian Constitution. The Fundamental Rights are considered to be an essential for a proper, moral and material uplift of the people. These are the rights which are fundamental in the sense that any law passed by the legislature in a country would be declared as null and void. If it is derogatory to rights guaranteed by the Indian Constitution.
The Parliamentary Government: The Indian Constitution provides the parliamentary form of the government. President is the nominal head of state. The government is run by Prime Minister and other members of the council of Ministers. The council of the Ministers is collectively responsible to Parliament.
The Single Citizenship: In the federation, normally we have the double citizenship. In U.S.A every citizen of the United States of America is also a citizen of a state in which they reside. But the Indian Constitution provides single citizenship to the every Indian.
The Independent Judiciary: The Indian Constitution provides an independent judiciary. The judiciary has been made an independent of Executive as well as Legislature. The judges can give impartial justice.
So these were the basics of Indian Constitution required for any aspiring candidate, the candidates can refer to cgl test series online to prepare for the SSC CGL Examination.